There was a time when every company’s IT infrastructure revolved around cluttered internal processes, inadequate resources and stifled budgets. Yet in recent years the management of IT services has become a key driver for business innovation and growth. In short it has been simplified by virtualisation in the cloud, the flexibility of mobile technology and the power of big data warehousing. All of which deliver greater levels of insight for strategic decision making and operational efficiency.
For businesses today the key elevator for such change is virtualisation and cloud IT management. In dynamic business climates, flexibility and simplicity are pivotal to the efficient use of IT – in the office and boardroom. So the key questions are these…
1) How can your company integrate a flexible IT framework for all stakeholders in a simple yet flexible way that facilitates them?
2) How can you elevate the performance with IT at a time when budgets are being cut, resources are scarce and competition in open markets is fierce?
The cloud effectively answers both of these questions. Through virtualization, it helps users solve a number of managerial issues, streamlines many aspects of the IT framework, and just makes everything much more efficient. Most businesses are choosing the cloud as their primary means of IT framework and data security for a good reason. It is much more user friendly than any existing alternatives, which saves the business money. All of this happens while boosting the overall level of data protection. Industry professionals should not hesitate to switch to the cloud if they haven’t already.
The impact of highly virtualised cloud environments has changed the landscape of IT from an internally structured setup – that creates resource bottlenecks and wastes finances – to one designed to meet the needs of modern business. VMware in particular has transformed the virtualisation of IT by provisioning services, infrastructure, applications and desktop support within hybrid cloud environments. In this regard running a cloud based hosted IT stack simplifies operational management with immaculate up-time, performance levels and security. From an intelligence standpoint cloud IT streamlines the processes of big data capture, filtration and verification to deliver incredible information insights with speed and agility.
Delivering such a powerful IT environment across extensive networks of multi-disciplinary users creates a richer still environment for people to make the right decisions, reliably support one another, meet customer expectations and adapt to changes in the market.
The virtualisation of IT within the cloud has created never before seen levels of efficiency for organisations that want to grow, click here for more insight to businesses aiding these benefits. Whilst lowering costs and improving business agility it is also clear that virtual servers eliminate all of the headaches that come with legacy IT infrastructure. These include the physical resources needing to be managed, maintained, updated and migrated in-house and the constant cycle of purchasing of hardware, applications and services that eat into huge levels of capital. It is here that solutions such as VMware create rapid ROI through the virtualisation of IT within the cloud…
1) Simplifying IT management by automating key processes that don’t need human intervention. Automating system centric human centric and document centric activities, weeks and months in advance, significantly improves efficiency of services and lowers TCO.
2) Enhancing business visibility across open networks that reduce the costs and risks incurred with a physical IT environment needing cumbersome permissions and security procedures. Leaner processes can be installed to increase productivity, making the business more proactive and less reactive.
3) Facilitating business agility to lead in the market as a business that is faster delivering services to all stakeholders. Enabling business managers to use IT in customisable ways per department and user community. Establishing IT agility that is unsurpassed for overall business scalability and awareness.
4) Track business performance with real-time and deep historical perspective. With on-demand services and such insights, todays IT leaders are turning to virtual solutions such as VMware to exploit emerging opportunities while mitigating the risks and bottlenecks of owning a physical IT stack.
This article was written by Aaron Angel who is a Technical Account Manager for Peer 1.